Resolution #136 : Encouraging bilingualism (Official French version)
A government of the Conservative Party of Québec will put in place the following language policy.
The Conservative Party of Québec will:
- protect Québec’s francophone character, its charm, and French as Québec’s common language, by equipping students of all levels, of all native languages and of all ages with French improvement programs.
- focus more on attraction to French rather than coercion.
- offer parents tax credits to offset the costs associated with learning French and English, for their offspring and for themselves.
- match Québec schools with schools from other Canadian provinces in new immersion programs in partnership.
- give young people in Québec the taste for learning languages, and will interest young children in bilingualism, first in Canada's two official languages, and then in learning a third language.
- support Canadian organizations and associations dedicated to the French language and bilingualism throughout Canada and the English language and bilingualism in Québec.